Have you arrived at this page with questions about the Christian’s holy book, the Bible? Perhaps you have read the Qur’an but you are wondering how Allah differs from the God of the Holy Bible. Maybe you are trying to compare the prophet Muhammad with the prophet Jesus and you have many questions. We hope what you read below will assist you in your very important search.
In order to find the answer to this question we need to consider the total: birth, life and end of life. Let us examine the prophet Jesus, (Isa)* the Messiah.
1. The prophet Jesus, the Son of Mary, had a virgin birth, and so His birth was unique and miraculous. He was the only one who ever lived who had a mother but no father. (Adam and Eve had no father and no mother.)
2. Jesus, the Word of God, had a unique and miraculous life. He performed many miracles of love, kindness, compassion and healing. He healed people who were born blind, people who were crippled from birth, and others who were lepers. The prophet Jesus was also sinless.
3. The Lord Jesus, the Messiah, ascended to Heaven, making the end of His life unique and miraculous. He has no grave where one can go and worship.
There are other people who performed miracles, or possessed one of these traits, but the Lord Jesus, the Messiah, the Son of Mary, was the only one who had ALL THREE—a unique and miraculous birth, a unique and miraculous life, and a unique and miraculous end to life. Wouldn’t that make him the most unique and miraculous person who ever lived?
Before you read any further, would you like me to send to you, (free of charge and free postage) in an unmarked brown envelope the book More Than a Carpenter? It is a best-selling classic that outlines the Christian thinking as to why we believe Jesus is whom He claimed to be – God in human flesh. Click here to complete the request form.
What Do Christians Mean by “Son of God”?
Mecca is known as the Mother of Villages, a traveler is known as a Son of the Road, and the Mother of the Book is said to be in the mind of God, yet we do not believe this biologically or physically. We do not believe that villages did not exist before Mecca and that Mecca got married and produced all of the other villages of the world. We do not believe that the road got married and had baby travelers. And, we do not believe that the Mother of the Book got married and had baby books. We all use these kinds of concepts to convey ideas spiritually, not biologically or physically.
When Jesus is called the Son of God, it does not mean that God got married and produced a son. When the Bible says that Jesus is the Son of God, one of the things it means is that the prophet Jesus revealed what God is like, just as a son reveals what his father is like. Jesus, the Messiah, the Son of Mary, pulled back the veil to show us humans more clearly what God is like. So, what do we see?
Links on this site to personal stories of Muslims who have converted to Jesus Christ:
What Did the Messiah Jesus Reveal About God?
1. The prophet Jesus revealed that God is love. God is full of love, and this was most clearly shown when God sent Jesus, the Messiah, to die on the cross to pay the price for our sins to be forgiven. (For 2,000 years authoritative history has known and recorded the historical fact of Christ’s death which was witnessed by numerous people. Any unbiased history text will point this out.) Scripture says: “In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” (1 John 4:10).
2. Jesus, the Messiah, revealed that God is very personal. He wants to bless you with real life, filled with joy and peace. God is interested in the details of your life—your joys and challenges. He wants a personal relationship with you. God is not simply sitting on a throne in Heaven, waiting for your death to add up your good and bad works. He is personally interested in your life today, with your needs and concerns. He wants to help you. Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly” (John 10:10b).
3. Jesus, the Word of God, has shown that God has provided assurance for the forgiveness of sins. When Jesus, the Messiah, died on the cross, He was the final “Qurban,” or sacrifice, paying the price for our sins to be forgiven by God. Therefore, when we accept this, we can know that we are forgiven. We do not earn God’s forgiveness through doing many good deeds. God freely forgives us because of the complete and perfect atonement of Christ on the cross.
If the forgiveness of our sins was based on our works, it is true that we would never know if we have done enough good works to earn forgiveness. Our good works cannot erase our sin. If some drops of poison are mixed in a cup of tea, adding more tea will not get rid of the poison. It is the same way with sin. Adding more good works will not get rid of sin. It cannot balance it out. We cannot enter into the presence of Almighty God with sin in our lives. Our sin has to be removed because God is pure and holy. Everything in His presence is pure and holy. There can be no sin in heaven.
4. When He rose from the grave, Jesus, the Messiah, the Son of Mary, showed that God gives assurance of eternal life. We can know that we are going to Heaven because Christ was victorious over death. He is unlike anyone who ever lived. He rose from the grave and ascended to Heaven. No one else has done this. The Word of God says, “And this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (John17:3)
God is all-powerful, and we weak, little humans, who are here today and gone tomorrow, cannot tell God what He can do and cannot do. If God wanted to send the prophet Jesus to suffer the just punishment for our sins and to overcome death in the resurrection, He can do that. And we cannot tell Him that He can or cannot do that. God is all-powerful.
What Does the Prophet Jesus Say to us Today?
In Matthew 11:28-30, the prophet Jesus, who cannot lie, says “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.”
Many believe that it is wise to read all of the books sent by God. If you would like to find out more about the prophet Jesus, please write and ask for a free copy of the biography of Jesus, or a copy of the Injil. Please specify what language you would like. You may also request a free copy of a video on the life of the prophet Jesus. Again, please specify the language that you would prefer. For an excellent Internet resource you can visit: www.answering-islam.org.